Should you Sue McDonalds?

Almost everyone is familiar with the McDonald’s coffee spill case. But there are many other reasons find to sue the fast food giant:

A California mother is suing McDonald’s to end the marketing of toys with Happy Meals. She says that the company’s combining toys with their (unhealthful) meals is impeding her efforts to give her kids a healthy, nutritious diet. The plaintiff, Monet Parham, has stated:

I am concerned about the health of my children and feel that McDonald’s should be a very limited part of their diet and their childhood experience,” Parham said. “But as other busy, working moms and dads know, we have to say ‘no’ to our young children so many times, and McDonald’s makes it that so much harder to do. I object to the fact that McDonald’s is getting into my kids’ heads without my permission and actually changing what my kids want to eat.

People have also filed numerous lawsuits blaming their obesity on McDonald’s. While these suits usually fail, a McDonald’s employee in Brazil won a $17,500 judgment in a Brazilian court because, he said, he was forced to sample the food, and that made him obese.

Finally, a man sued McDonald’s over the distribution of nude photos of his wife that were stored on a cell phone that he accidentally left in the restaurant. Philip Sherman, the plaintiff, said he had called the Fayette, Arkansas McDonald’s where he had left the phone and was promised that it would be stored safely until he could pick it up. Instead, someone downloaded the photos and posted them on the Internet along with McDonald’s slogans like “I’m lovin it.” The prankster(s) even included his wife’s name–stating that she was “hot as McDonald’s coffee”–and phone number, which led to numerous phone calls.

With so many possibilities, it would seem that you, too, can sue. But be forewarned: McDonald’s has plenty of money and lawyers. They’re not going to lose a lawsuit without a fight!

Need Legal Help?

Are you thinking about filing a lawsuit, or is someone suing you? Don't go it alone...we strongly recommend you consult an attorney, since only a licensed attorney is qualified—and allowed—to advise and help you with your specific legal situation.

If you don't have an attorney, contact your local bar association, or use our free lawyer referral service. Just call (866) 272-6990 to be referred to a lawyer in your area. There is no cost to you or obligation of any kind.

Don't delay. Call now!


5 Responses to Should you Sue McDonalds?

Leave a Reply to (I do not want to tell) Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *